- Understanding of the Java Programing Language
- Understand of what an application is
- Laptop or Desktop.
- At least i5 or AMD 4800.
- At least 8 GB RAM (16GB is better and more is perfect).
- SSD storage (HDD will be slow).
Price for a such device starts at 700 euro (or 999 for Mac).
You can take a look at Tuxedo Computers they are pretty cool.
Operating system #
You can use any OS that runs Java, however the material will consider the following ones:
- Linux (Ubuntu 20.04 ref.).
- Windows (10).
- MacOS (10.15 Catalina).
IDE, Code Editor #
- Intellij Idea
- VS Code.
- Install Spring Boot Extension Pack.
- Eclipse - Spring Tools 4.
Java JDK and Runtime #
To compile and build java apps we’ll use a JDK. Since there are multiple ways and versions to do it, you can pick one of the methods bellow.
- You can follow the guide from my Java Curriculum: Episode 1, Install Java.
- Or use the Intellij Idea’s feature to do that.
maven as “technical project management tool".